Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Edition of "Getting to know you blogger"

I got this idea from My Blonde Reality (I read her blog daily...love her!)

1.  Wrapping paper or gift bags? I LOVE to wrap presents for Christmas!  I'm really particular about my gift wrapping! 
2.  Real tree or artificial?  Artificial...I've always had a real tree growing up and loved it, but I want a really tall tree and you just can't find a really tall skinny tree at a tree farm.  One day when we have a bigger house, we'll get back to real trees!
3.  When do you put up the tree?  This year we put it up the week before Thanksgiving, only because we went out of town and I didn't want to mess with it all when we got back. 
4.  When do you take the tree down?  Usually right after we get home from traveling. 
5.  Do you like eggnog?  Yes, it's so yummy!
6.  Favorite gift received as a child?  When I was little, we lived in Natches, Mississippi for a few short years.  Mama and I were downtown shopping and I saw this hotpink umbrella that I just had to have.  Well, I didn't get it that day shopping, but Santa brought it to me Christmas morning. 
7.  Hardest person to buy for?  My Mother in law
8.  Easiest person to buy for?  Jon David
9.  Mail or email Christmas cards?  Mail them.  I am so old school...I love to send out tons of Christmas cards and I get so excited every day when the mail comes!  I put all my christmas cards on a ribbon hanging on a door in the living room.
10.  Worst Christmas gift you ever received?  OH, I can't even say.  They may read this and I would feel terrible!! 
11.  Favorite Christmas movie?  We've been watching these with Luke this year.  How the Grinch stole Christmas, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, Frosty the SnowMan, and the best of all, The Polar Express. 
12.  When do you start shopping for Christmas?  I started this year at "Neath the Wreath"...the Plano Junior League puts on a holiday bazaar thingy and I love all the stuff there!
13.  Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, Jon bought it for me the very first year we were married.  I didn't put it out this year because I was so afraid it may get broken.  Last year Luke kept stealing baby Jesus and hiding him around the house. 
14.  Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?  I think so, but I'm really careful about who I give it to, to make sure they don't know each other.  AND I would never give something cheesy either. 
15.  Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?  My Mama, Maw Maw, and Granny get together every year to make Christmas candy...Martha Washington balls, Divinity, Peanut Brittle, etc. 
16.  Lights on the tree?  Yes and only white. 
17.  Favorite Christmas song?  I don't have a favorite, I love them all.
18.  Travel at Christmas or stay home?  We always travel at Christmas
19.  Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?  Mmmmm...sorta. 
20.  Angel on the tree top or a star?  We have a star.  This year, we moved the tree into the living room and it barely fit.  Jon had to break off the curly thing at the bottom and drill a hole in the star to fit it on top of the tree, it worked and looks great. 
21.  Open Christmas presents Christmas eve or Christmas morning?  With my family we've ALWAYS opened Christmas presents christmas eve.  But this year, I think we're starting a new tradition and opening them on Christmas evening.
22.  Most annoying thing about this time of year?  Not getting to spend Christmas with all your family at the same time.  We'll be out of town the weekend Jon's family celebrates Christmas.  :(
23.  Favorite ornament, theme or color?  I have burgundy and gold on my tree. 
24.  Favorite for Christmas dinner?  My Mama usually makes a few appetizers and then a soup/chowder/stew.  This year she's making Shrimp and Corn Chowder.  It's DELISH!!
25.  What do you want to do for Christmas this year?  Spend time with our family.
26.  Favorite Christmas tradition growing up?  Going to the Christmas tree farm the day after Thanksgiving and cutting down our christmas tree.
27.  Favorite tradition now?  We really haven't started a tradition yet, I don't think, But we bought Luke a train to go under the tree last year and we put it under the tree again this year.  He loves it, but keeps taking it apart and continues to ask us to put it back together again.  fun times!
28.  Favorite Christmas memory?  My Mama has a very big family and when we open presents at my grandparents house, there is so much paper you can't see the living room floor.  I always loved that as a child.

No comments: