Monday, December 7, 2009

Thanksgiving


I just love this picture with Caroline and her Great Grandparents.  I can't wait to give it to her one day when she is much older.  I love how they are all looking at her and she is the center of attention. 

My parents look young enough to be my kids parents!!  My Grandmother was 18 when she had my Mom, and Mama was 20 when she had me.  Sometimes I wish I would have had kids much earlier, but I just can't imagine having a child that would be 14 years old right now!!  The thought of that is frightening, especially with all the details I've heard from some of my teacher friends with children of that age!  So much has changed since I was in Middle School.  I'm thankful every day that my parents were strict and helped to shelter me from all the bad and helped guide me towards the right direction (If I only knew then what I know now!!)!  They are the reason why I am who I am today!  This Thanksgiving I am thankful for my parents strict and loving discipline as a child and for the family that I have. 

This is the only picture I have of Luke at Thanksgiving!  Taking pictures of him and his cousins his age are impossible.  They just don't want to be bothered! 

Caroline and her Great Grandmother (Maw Maw)

This is my Grandparents shelf stocked full of vegetables.  They have a very large garden and spend a lot of time working in it during the year.  They can a lot of the vegetables to be used throughout the year. 

No comments: