Saturday, November 21, 2009

Birthday Sussies!


Everyone should have a birthday cake on their birthday, right?  Well, last year Jon and I had planned on celebrating my birthday the weekend following my birthday, but what he didn't realize is that I STILL wanted a cake on my birthday.  Nothing special, something store bought would have been fine, even those little round cakes at the bakery that you could probably eat in 2 bites!  Well, I didn't share that idea with him and I didn't get a cake on my birthday :(  He soon found out how I felt! 
So this year, I thought, surely he'll ask Holli (the CAKE goddess) to make my cake and I'll get it ON my birthday.  Well, nope, didn't happen.  When I talked to Holli on my birthday, I asked her if she had made my cake and sure enough, I didn't have a cake.  SO, needless to say I WAS UPSET!  So, I went to the grocery store on the way home, ordered MY OWN birthday cake and asked them to write, "Happy Birthday Shannon!"  As soon as I turned around, guess who was walking up?  J-O-N!  He waited until the last minute, BUT he still was at my favorite grocery store, probably about to buy my favorite cake there!  Very sweet!  But still, it wasn't HOLLI'S cake!  If you've never had a cake of hers, you're sadly missing out! 
Later that night as we were putting the kids to bed, I heard a faint knock on the door.  When I answered the door, to my surprise, Holli, Bailey and Megan were all standing there with Birthday sussies!!!  She whipped up a delicious chocolate espresso cake (my favorite)...with exactly 34 candles on top, she had a beautiful fall arrangement of flowers, a fleur de lis candle, and the cutest birthday cards (you know the ones that have a song!)  OH, I love her!  I cried, I tried not to, but it was just about the sweetest thing.
AND to Holli:  I can't THANK YOU enough. You are so kind, compassionate, thoughtful and caring!  Not only do you take the BEST care of my children, make them extremely happy and love them from their head down to their little toes, you have become one of my best friends and I love you!  Thank you for my making my birthday so wonderful and memorable!  I'll never forget my 34th birthday. 
AND in Jon's defense, I went to a warehouse sale a few weeks ago and told him that I would buy birthday clothes there for my birthday!  He also gave me the sweetest card and one from Luke and Caroline!  I LOVE You and you make up for it every other day of the year by helping me around the house and taking care of our little love bugs!  I appreciate you helping with the laundry (actually doing most of it!), always taking out the trash, doing the dishes, taking care of the yard and the BIG one, helping me in the middle of the night when the kids are sick or whenever they get up for any apparent reason.  I love you and I appreciate ALL the many little things you do EVERY day! 

1 comment:

czstout said...

Glad you ended up having a great bday Shannon! And those cakes are delicious!!! We love us some Miss Holli :)