Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Wedding


My little brother got married on December 19th, 2009.  He married Heather Smith at this beautiful plantation, Dunleith Plantation.  When you drive off the main street onto this massive land, you feel as though you stepped back in time.  It was an amazing weekend and a beautiful wedding.  Here are a few pictures of the wedding weekend. 

This is the front of Dunleith.  It's massive and this picture just does not do it justice.

 
This was the original Dairy Barn on the back of the land.  It has been converted into small town homes for guests.  There was an upstairs and downstairs, we stayed downstairs, which was perfect for Luke and Caroline.  They would not allow children to stay in the main house.


Pictures before the wedding







Caroline pooped out early, the wedding was right in the middle of her nap time.  She woke up just in time for the ceremony though.



The Ceremony

Heather arrived in the carriage with her Daddy.




Luke got lucky and got to ride with Mike and Heather after the ceremony.  He talked about that carriage ride the rest of the weekend.

Miss Priss decked out in her very best. 


The Reception



My Dad's parents, Granny and Paw Paw.  When Jon and I got married they celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.  Next year they will celebrate their 60th.

Here are my Mama's parents, Paw Paw and Maw Maw.  They will also be celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary next year. 

The VERY Happy couple!! 


Brunch the following morning.

The food was absolutely amazing!

This gingerbread house was in the restaurant on the grounds.  Every morning when we walked in for breakfast, Luke just eyed this.  I was so worried that he would lick something.


The Tour

Sunday morning, we took a quick tour through Dunleith.  Doesn't luke look so tiny next to this window. 

Supposedly this set of furniture is worth 3 million.  At least that's what we were told.




Nachez

When I was a little girl, I lived in Natchez for a few years.  My Daddy and Grandfather farmed and we actually lived just right outside Natchez in Sibley, MS (only 10 minutes).  Anyway, this is actually a picture of a restaurant.  My brother and I begged my Mama to take us to eat here all the time.  I think we had pancakes and Hot Chocolate.  It wasn't nearly as fun on the inside as it looks on the outside.  I still do not know the name of this restaurant, but we always called it, Aunt Jemima.

1 comment:

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

WOW!!!! You are absolutely GORGEOUS in the new header pic. The whole fam looks GREAT! :)