Monday, September 13, 2010

Life in Louisiana

Well, I have to say, things are going much better for the Endsley's.  We finally have a routine, Tuesday and Thursdays the kids go to Mother's Day Out and on their 3rd day of the week, they go see Ms. Shanna, their new babysitter.  School was a little bit of a transition for Caroline, but she's doing really well with it now.  I'm getting great reports from school from both.  Caroline loves to sing "The Hokey Pokey" and Luke loves center time (can't imagine why?)! 

They also LOVE their new sitter, Shanna!  She lives on almost 2 acres, has a great swingset in the back yard, two large dogs (that are fenced off :), a sweet little kitty cat, and a Rooster and a hen!  They love to feed the chickens and play outside!  The very first day I went to pick them up, I really didn't think I was going to get them in the car!  Caroline told me "bye!" as soon as I pulled up, which meant, I'm not ready to leave.  They both kicked and screamed the whole way out of the driveway and the whole way home!!  All I could do was laugh!  I used to hate dropping them off and loved picking them up...but now, I don't mind dropping them off, BUT I hate picking them up!  It's the worst!  I'm not complaining, I'd much rather it this way than the other! 

On our first weekend in Lafayette, my parents came down and we all went out to eat at Randol's.  It's the best Cajun cooking!  They have a dance floor in the restaurant that plays Zydeco music.  Luke went over with Jon and Daddy to watch a little while.  They next thing we knew he jumped up off the bench and started dancing with a precious little girl! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so cute of them dancing! We haven't been to Randol's yet. You'll have to tell me where it is...

And so glad they like their sitter so much. :)

Kitchen Belleicious said...

This post is great. I love them dancing! My son Grant is so big on dacning right now- it doesn't matter what show or commercial it is he starts dancing. Thanks for stopping by and I really hope you get a chance to make the shrimp and grits because it is fantastic! Have a great weekend sweetie!
XOXO Jessica