Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tonsils and Tubes

 
August 10, 2010
Here we are at the hospital right before the surgeries.  I can't remember if the kids had their sedatives at this point, but that was a funny moment.  Caroline was scheduled for bilateral tubes and adenoids and Luke was scheduled for a tonsillectomy and adenoids.  Mama came with me and we thought for sure between the two of us we could handle it, but as soon as Caroline came out of surgery, we made a quick phone call to Jon.  She was almost uncontrollable with the sedative, she didn't want to be held, but she didn't want you to put her down either.  FUN!  We thought, if Luke comes out of surgery this way as well, we'll never be able to handle both.  All in all, we got through it and I'm glad it's over.  We are almost 3 weeks out and the kids are sleeping through the night and doing well. 

Did you notice Caroline's hair?  It's super short!  Ever since she was an infant, she has loved to twist her fingers in her hair.  As her hair grew, she began pulling it out and twisting the hair in her hands.  Over the summer it became a really bad habit and she ended up pulling out most of her hair on the top and right portion of her head.  It almost looked like a mullet.  I did a little research on the matter and found out that it is common with little girls and the best solution to the problem is to just cut their hair.  I LOVED Caroline's hair, it was one of her best features!  So, I had a really hard time with this!  But, we just did it and ever since then, she hasn't pulled her hair once or played with it.  So, I'm letting it grow out and we'll see what happens! 

3 comments:

czstout said...

Cannot believe Caroline's hair!! Hope you guys are doing well! Joey asks for Luke every day on the way to Holli's house :(

Unknown said...

Shannon, my baby girl does that with here hair too! So far it has not been falling out but I wonder if it will.

I have a blog too! You can see from my profile here! Hope to see you soon...

Lori said...

I just clicked over here from someone else's blog (I always forget to read as your blog doesn't update in my reader). ANYWAY... it sounds like you've had a couple of crazy months, but hopefully things are finally settling down for you now. And that Caroline... she's still just as precious with short hair. Just slap a big huge bow in it and call it day! Love y'all. Tell Jon we said hi.